- Free Trial
CloudArray Compute Anywhere
Data accessibility in the cloud on Amazon EC2
Access application-ready copies of your data in the cloud via Amazon EC2 for disaster recovery and for compute applications.
With CloudArray, applications are able to access data on-premise, off-premise and in the cloud. With the CloudArray Amazon Machine Image (AMI), you can now access CloudArray data volumes and snapshots in the Amazon EC2 compute cloud. Using CloudArray’s one-button restore mechanism, all of the volumes from a CloudArray instance are available to virtual servers on Amazon EC2. Using CloudArray’s patent-pending discrete resource transfer (DRT) mechanism, single or multiple storage volumes can easily transfer from one CloudArray on-premise (or off-premise or in the cloud) to a second CloudArray on Amazon EC2. This capability enables a number of in-the-cloud solutions using primary or snapshot volumes that would otherwise require dedicated compute infrastructure, including:
- Disaster recovery for on-premise failures
- Disaster test
- Development environments
- Test environments
- Business analytics
- And many more
IT and Business Alignment
TwinStrata helps companies address the challenges related to protecting and managing the growth of business application data. Its breakthrough CloudArray storage enablement software delivers enterprise-class storage cloud services optimized for performance, availability and elastic storage capacity by providing full access to your data from Amazon EC2.
CloudArray software is the market enabler of choice for implementing intelligent storage cloud solutions by providing application accessibility, non-disruptive integration, intelligent caching architecture that delivers local performance and a host of other enterprise-class feature sets.
For companies that are using tape systems or disk-to-disk backup for data protection, they can now select CloudArray as the target backup solution. CloudArray eliminates all the logistics and costs typically associated with media transport or tape vaulting services and does not require large capital investments in infrastructure whenever expansion is required.
Data Availability and Security
For increased data protection, CloudArray offers data copy policies that replicate data across local storage and a variety of third party storage cloud providers to ensure high data availability. CloudArray also enables replication between service providers. CloudArray compresses and encrypts data prior to transporting it to public cloud storage to ensure data security and privacy. CloudArray leverages the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), adopted by the U.S. government and also used to secure top secret information.
Optimize IT Operational Efficiency
Companies can now instantly respond to changing business requirements by taking advantage of an adaptable infrastructure and adding resources as needed. Storage cloud infrastructures eliminate barriers and streamline IT operational processes that exist in most mid-sized enterprises today.
CloudArray Feature Highlights:
- CloudArray Amazon Machine Image (AMI) available on Amazon EC2
- Application accessibility: on/off-premise, in the cloud
- Intelligent caching architecture that delivers local performance
- Support for virtual and physical IT environments
- Ease of deployment, ability to manage in self-service manner via UI, CLI and API
- Local and/or cloud data copies, zero-footprint snapshots
- Encryption in-flight and at-rest for security
- Bandwidth savings via caching, compression
- Support for multiple cloud providers enables mobility across providers
- Support for providers that meet regulatory & compliance requirements
Key Advantages of Disaster Recovery with Amazon EC2 and CloudArray:
- High data availability
- Disaster recovery using the cloud, without a need for dedicated infrastructure
- Compute applications using the cloud without a need for dedicated infrastructure
- Reduces/eliminates CAP-EX requirements for off-site disaster recovery
- Reduces/eliminates OP-EX for off-site storage admin
- Cloud to cloud replication: CloudArray supports replication from cloud compute to multiple Cloud Storage providers