- Free Trial
CloudArray® Virtual Storage Appliances
CloudArray VSA with High Availability Support
In today's IT environments, many businesses are looking for ways to reduce costs and improve reliability of their data storage and data protection solutions. Virtual storage appliances (VSAs), like CloudArray, enable organizations to deploy cost-efficient software appliances that leverage existing server virtualization infrastructure in lieu of costly storage hardware. With CloudArray VSA, there is also no tradeoff in reliability in spite of the software footprint.
The Benefits of VSAs
- Zero-U footprint: CloudArray VSAa consume near-zero dedicated rack and floor space, with the bulk of the data storage footprint residing in an external cloud provider.
- Fastest time to POC: Ever try setting up a proof of concept (POC) for a new data storage system? Downloading a CloudArray virtual appliance and installing it in minutes accelerates the trial process dramatically, reducing risk and minimizing time lost waiting.
- Option to create your own box: It is often challenging to create a “one-size-fits-all” storage appliance. CloudArray virtual storage appliances enable deployment on physical platforms the size that business requirements dictate. Ability to use commodity or best-of-breed data storage devices means any customer can achieve the desired ratio of price, performance and availability.
- Software investment protection: Avoid deploying storage arrays and migrating and retiring those arrays just a few short years later. VSAs decouple the storage software from the hardware that quickly becomes obsolete. Preserving the existing software stack in a VSA reduces the downtime and risk of data storage upgrades and the replacement cycle.
- Platform mobility and resilience: When it comes to high availability and disaster recovery, traditional storage appliances often mandate additional hardware at both the primary site where the appliance resides and at secondary or disaster sites. CloudArray virtual storage appliances, on the other hand, can leverage existing virtual infrastructure on-premise, off-premise or even in the cloud to increase system availability and resilience.
High availability without compromise
With support for multiple VMware availability options, CloudArray ensures off-site data protection operations are uninterrupted and ensures cost-effective disaster management with continuous data access.
TwinStrata CloudArray support for VMware High Availability (HA), a component of VMware Infrastructure™ enables organizations using VMware to maximize off-site data protection uptime and reduce downtime management costs ensuring a rapid return to business normality.
VMware HA works by moving all virtual machines that run on a failed ESX server to another ESX server in the same failover cluster and restarting that VM. TwinStrata’s CloudArray software running on VMware as a virtual appliance provides seamless protection of CloudArray operation, application data, and off-site backup operations in the event of hardware failure. Additionally, when CloudArray is configured with VMware HA or Fault Tolerance you can eliminate complex manual recovery steps, decrease planned and unplanned downtime, drive data protection stability across the business, and improve productivity.
High availability protects companies from lost revenue when access to their data resources and critical business applications is disrupted. When combined with CloudArray the benefits also include:
- Less downtime due to hardware/software failure
- Faster recovery in case of physical disaster
- Improved and more predictable performance of backup and disaster recovery applications
- Better resource utilization without dedicated standby infrastructure
Discover the many benefits of CloudArray Virtual Storage Appliances with a free 14-day test drive today.