- Free Trial
TwinStrata Announces Availability of CloudArray® Version 2.5
New Enhancements and Appliances Extend Class-Leading Cloud Storage Solutions
NATICK, Mass. – April 28, 2011 -- TwinStrata, Inc., the leading innovator in data storage and data protection solutions leveraging cloud storage, today announced the availability of CloudArray® Version 2.5. With the latest release, customers will enjoy a host of new features and performance enhancements including volume expansion, bandwidth throttling and scheduling, and automatic metadata backup to the CloudArray portal. In addition, two new physical appliances position CloudArray to meet ever more stringent performance and availability needs for enterprise environments.
Available in both virtual and physical appliance configurations, TwinStrata CloudArray is a proven solution that enables companies of all sizes to easily and securely expand storage capacity using pay-as-you-go cloud storage, enabling data protection and disaster recovery solutions in minutes. No programming is required and no applications need be changed – customers simply drop CloudArray into their existing environment and seamlessly connect with their cloud storage provider of choice.
"We appreciate that TwinStrata continues to enhance their CloudArray offerings in order to keep pace with demanding application and network environments," said Eryck Bredy, founder and CTO of BNMC, an Andover, Massachusetts-based solution provider and TwinStrata partner and customer since 2010. "It's a huge win for us to be able to extend our own and our customers' data availability with minimal administration and infrastructure and, more importantly, experience virtually no disruption to existing networks."
TwinStrata CloudArray Version 2.5 includes updates designed to further enhance the overall operation, reliability, and performance of CloudArray:
- Data Volume Expansion – CloudArray thin-provisioned volumes can now increase storage capacity on the fly for improved flexibility, user convenience and ease of operations.
- Bandwidth Throttling and Scheduling – CloudArray now allows users to vary the amount of network utilization for transmitting data to the cloud according to their preferred schedule. With this added feature, bandwidth-efficiency is optimized and network utilization can be minimized during peak business hours and maximized during off-peak business hours
- Enhanced Compression – CloudArray optimizes both outgoing bandwidth and cloud storage capacity with enhanced compression technology with significantly improved data reduction.
- Metadata Backup to CloudArray Portal - CloudArray metadata is now automatically and securely backed up to the CloudArray portal. In the event of a disaster, users simply log into the CloudArray portal with their unique credentials and have immediate access to their metadata. Using this metadata, users can then instantly restore access to their data on a new appliance
- Model 2S Physical Appliance – The Model 2S appliance is a high-performance appliance with 10Gb Ethernet connectivity and 2TB of onboard SSD for cache. The combination of high-speed connectivity and SSD storage makes it ideal for performance intensive applications
- Model 3 Physical Appliance – The Model 3 appliance represents the high-end of the CloudArray model range with 24TB of onboard storage for cache, 10Gb Ethernet connectivity and full redundancy of all critical components. Delivering uncompromising reliability and performance, CloudArray Model 3 is ideally suited for high-availability (HA) enterprise environments.
Other CloudArray V2.5 enhancements include an enhanced web-based user interface with rapid configuration and startup, improved portal reporting, and performance improvements to the virtual appliance. CloudArray V2.5 is available from TwinStrata and through its network of partners. For more information, visit www.twinstrata.com/cloudarray, email email@example.com or call 508-651-0199.
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata is an innovator in enterprise-class data storage, data protection and disaster recovery/business continuity solutions using cloud storage. With TwinStrata CloudArray®, companies of all sizes can simply and economically leverage the scalability and efficiency of cloud storage while maintaining the availability, performance and security of local storage. CloudArray software and hardware solutions support all file and operating systems, and deliver substantial advantages over traditional off-site storage solutions, including a pay-as-you-go model, unlimited elastic capacity, local performance, in-cloud snapshots and disaster recovery, dynamic caching, automated policies, AES256 encryption, and continuous access to data. For more information about TwinStrata and CloudArray software, visit www.twinstrata.com.
# # #