- Free Trial
CloudArray for Cloud Compute Environments
Benefits of Storage Gateways in the Cloud
The benefits of using cloud storage gateways to add cloud storage on-premise are numerous, including:
- Plug-and-play access to cloud storage for existing applications
- Faster data access times and greater than 10x faster transfers to the cloud
- At-rest and in-flight encryption with local key management
- Data reduction
But there are also benefits to using a storage gateway in the cloud. If your needs include disaster recovery or your applications and storage infrastructure are already deployed in the cloud, consider gaining the added benefit of:
- Disaster recovery for on-premise applications. Ability to spin up CloudArray in the cloud means your data is always there when you fail over applications to the cloud.
- Multi-region data replication for in-cloud applications. CloudArray enables cloud storage with built in geo-replication for cloud servers, making data immune to regional outages.
- Access to nearly unlimited storage capacity. CloudArray offers nearly unlimited storage on-demand to any size cloud server. Grow or shrink capacity on demand.
- Off-cloud replication. Replication from local block to cloud storage or replication to an external secondary cloud provides disaster strategy for in-cloud infrastructure.
- Centralized management of in-cloud storage infrastructure. Storage area networks (SANs) have become ubiquitous in on-premise environments, consolidating and simplifying storage management across servers. CloudArray consolidates storage management across multiple servers into a SAN in the cloud.
CloudArray software runs natively in a number of cloud environments and provides simple, rapid deployment.
CloudArray In-cloud Supported Platforms:
- Amazon EC2
- IBM Softlayer
- Rackspace Cloud Servers