- Free Trial
Survey Unveils Cloud Storage Attitudes, Experiences
In the event of a disaster, eighty percent of current cloud storage users can recover data in less than 24 hours
Natick, MA – January 15, 2013 – TwinStrata, an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, today announced the results of its 2012 Cloud Storage Adoption Survey. Conducted during the second half of 2012, the survey – updated from June 2012 – focuses on the attitudes and experiences of a cloud-friendly sample group as determined by their attendance at one of two cloud-focused conferences. The survey results provide an early window into how the cloud computing market in general, and the cloud storage market in particular, is maturing. The report can be downloaded at: www.twinstrata.com/cloudstorage2012
Among the key findings:
- Eighty percent of current cloud storage users claim that they can recover their data in less than 24 hours, with nearly a quarter estimating instantaneous recovery. In comparison, nearly one in six respondents who do not use cloud storage estimated that it would take more than a week to recover their data in the event of a disaster.
- While both software as a service and infrastructure as a service have greater degrees of current implementations, cloud storage represents the greatest number of planned implementations. Nearly 90 percent of respondents either currently use or plan to use cloud storage.
- Scalability and the need to easily manage growing storage needs was highlighted as the top value cloud storage could provide, with nearly two-thirds of respondents indicating its value. Meanwhile, 68 percent of current cloud storage users cited offsite data protection for disaster recovery as a key benefit, but only 26 percent of users with no cloud storage plans said the same.
- More than two-thirds of respondents with plans to implement cloud storage either agreed or strongly agreed with the statement “It seems like we are always running out of storage.” By contrast, current cloud storage users scored a full 20 points lower on the same question.
The full report can be downloaded from the TwinStrata website at: www.twinstrata.com/cloudstorage2012
- “Organizations require immediate solutions to problems such as rapidly escalating data growth and disaster recovery requirements. The ability to implement cloud storage incrementally at first and to grow it over time, provides a unique opportunity for organizations to solve their immediate problems while testing the viability a long-term storage strategy.”
- Register for our January 31 webinar where we’ll highlight some of the results and showcase how our customers are putting cloud storage into action: http://bit.ly/cs-in-action
- Interested parties can take the 2013 survey for themselves at: http://bit.ly/2013-cs-survey
- To try TwinStrata CloudArray for free, visit http://www.twinstrata.com/free-trial
- Follow TwinStrata at http://twitter.com/TwinStrata and http://facebook.com/TwinStrata
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. As a result, customers benefit from significant reductions in IT costs, time and administrative requirements. Customers of all sizes use TwinStrata to capitalize on the cloud’s scalability and economy advantages without sacrificing the security, performance and peace of mind of local storage. More information is available at twinstrata.com.